View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 09:32 AM   #1
Claire
YT Addict

Default Britney Spears trying to save herself...

"NEW YORK -- Britney Spears, a Louisiana native, will celebrate Mardi Gras in New Orleans later this month when the devastated city hopes to revive some its old partying ways.
"I am honored to be a part of the Mardi Gras celebration in New Orleans this year," Spears said in a statement Monday. "It is so important for this amazing city to continue its annual traditions and I am really looking forward to being involved."
The 24-year-old pop star will appear on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Feb. 28 (7 a.m EST), when the morning show reports live from New Orleans. ABC announced that Spears will bring "surprises for a group of very deserving young residents."
The Mardi Gras parade season will run from Feb. 18-28; Fat Tuesday, or Mardi Gras Day, is Feb. 28.
Spears grew up in Kentwood, and has participated in fundraisers for victims of Hurricane Katrina."

Do ya'll know what is so funny about all of this... this will only be the second Mardi Gras that she has ever attended! The first time she was at Mardi Gras was when she rode on a float in a parade. She had so many body guards you could hardly see her. I was there, she threw autographed pic's of herself off of the float, how tacky! I have seen 26 years of celebrity's at Mardi Gras, never have I seen so many body guards and not one has EVER brought autographed pic's to throw off of the floats! And she calls herself a Louisiana native....
If I see her driving the streets of N.O. without a car seat, I'm calling the cops!

Join today and remove this ad!