Thread: breeding season
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #11
theporkieyorkie
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia208 View Post
I don't mean to lecture or speak down to you or anyone but I just looked at your previous posts. You complained in March that your 7 week old Yorkie purchased from a breeder had very short hair and not of good quality. The next post you were concerned that your Yorkie was not purebred. You mentioned the sire and dam respectively were a standard Yorkie and a "all blonde" Yorkie. Today you posted that your 8 month old female puppy tied with a male and might be pregnant. Then you post again today about a 2 year old female that may be pregnant and you want to know how to tell if she is indeed pregnant.

I don't know your education or knowledge of breeding but I can tell that you need to do more reading and less breeding. Dogs are not a science project created in a test tube. They are living animals that depend on us to protect them, feed and care for them. In return they give us unconditional love.

Everyone on this forum would be willing to help you. This is a group of caring, loving, knowledgeable breeders and dog owners that would help you in anyway possible. You have to do your part and from everything I have read you need to take a step back and educate yourself about breeding healthy, happy dogs. The internet is full of free material to read. The questions that you are asking about pregnant females concerns me that you will have seriously ill or dead females and puppies soon. You stated you did not have enough money to spay a female earlier. Then you do not have enough money to breed a female.

Please think about this. I have never posted anything like this before and hope I never feel this concerned that I post anything like this again.

If I am understanding this right...I really hope you don't have to come here and ask these questions for your breeder(owner of your fathers puppy) I would think they should know these things if they've already been breeding their dogs....and I truly hope your 8 month old girl isn't pregnant.

BTW...they have cheap spay and neuter clinics where you can get your dog spayed for very little. I just checked and found one in your area.

Here is the number....

336-279-0563

It is $80.00 to spay your dog there...and it's $60.00 if you are on a subsidized income. $80.00 is a drop in the bucket compared to having a litter of puppies. You wouldn't even get out of your first pregnancy check-up with a vet for as cheap as that.

Even if your little 8 month old did actually tie, it's not too late to spay her!! There are millions of pets that are getting euthanized simply because of the pet overpopulation. People breeding, just for the sake of breeding their dog, are only contributing to the problem. Heck, you don't even have to go to a breeder to get a yorkie puppy anymore....rescues are giving them away on Petfinder all of the time!!

At least once or twice a week, YT gets the same type of "Hi, I have no idea what I am doing and I think my dog is pregnant" thread. Threads like these used to make me mad when I first came here...now, they just make me sad I feel bad for all of the unwanted dogs on petfinder, in rescues and in shelters who come from people who were too lazy to spay or neuter...or from people who were greedy and thought they could make a quick buck...or from irresponsible owners due to the breeder not giving a crap about where their puppies went to as long as the owner had a dollar in their hand. It make me sad that dogs are being put to sleep every day because there's not enough people who are able to take care of them. I just don't understand why people feel the "need" to breed their pet when there are so many other dogs out there that need good homes. I guess I could understand if there was a shortage of purebred yorkies out there to adopt...but there's not.

Anyways...I truly hope you will consider spaying your little girl. If you don't do it for the pet overpopulation, do it for her. Breeding this little dogs is dangerous business. I am sure you'd be heartbroken if anything happened to her because you decided to breed her and something went wrong.
theporkieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!