Thread: Newbie question
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #9
Sunnydayz
YT 500 Club Member

Hmmm not sure if Gizmo is different, or he just drinks alot of water, but he has pretty good size puddles on his pad, about 3" to 4" around, and probably a good 7 to 10 during a 24 hour period. I let him free feed and drink, so maybe that is why. Like Colesmommy, Gizmo eats mostly at night and is pretty much a snacker during the day.

Adding warm water to the kibble helped immensely in the beginning as well, as he really loved that the kibble made it's own type of gravy. Another thing he liked when his sugar was low was mixing the kibble with prescription AD wet food from the vet. Amazingly as soon as he felt better and was eating better, he wanted nothing to do with the wet food and preferred the kibble with warm water, for when he's in the mood for having something wet. Gizmo was only 9 weeks old when I saved his life and now at 3 months and 3 days, you wouldn't even recognize him. He's a little ball of energy now :-)

I think not going for that long, you might want to have him checked, just to make sure things are ok. Is he staying awake and playing with you and stuff?
Sunnydayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!