View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faboosh View Post
Good job Kewpie!!

Puppy classes are fun- we're finishing our 6 weeks of intermediate classes tomorrow. We've made a couple good friends from the classes & it's taught me a lot about how to train Billi. We're def. not perfect, but a lot farther along than if we hadn't taken the classes. Great for socialization, too since I don't have too many friends with dogs for Billi to play with.

Don't think we're ready yet for the advanced classes, but I wouldn't rule out putting her in those later on, either. She gets SO excited when she see's we're "at school" (PetSmart) & she loves her trainer

How did you teach Peanut to rollover, etc? I can't get Billi on her back for the life of me (prolly a good thing LOL) so roll over seems impossible so far... Would love to get her to high 5 & really want her to "say her prayers" eventually. I just think that's such a sweet trick!

Well what I did is, I made him sit, then down. Once he was down I would take the treat in my hand and place hand/treat on the floor.. and I would start at his nose.. then I would drag my hand ( on the floor) with the treat and I told him to rollover. I did that a couple times then I would make him sit, lay down, I would do the same thing but this time I would have the treat in my hand and say roll over and I would make a circle with my hand..

You can put them on their back and when they flip you can reward them, tell them good rollover.. then you can try the above..
Does this make sense LOL? Let me know if you have questions.

I found these links too

3 Ways to Train Your Dog to Roll Over - wikiHow

This is another way.. I just did the movement on the ground.

Dog Tricks : Roll Over Dog Trick - YouTube
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!