View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 02:13 AM   #1
CocoD17
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Help please! Diaherra and vomitting! New pet owner & need some help!

hey everyone! I hope someone can help me.

So I'm new here on this site and I'm just looking for some answers to my yorkie problem. Ok first things first my yorkie name is Coco and I found her homeless in the street one night, very late at night and she was all dirty and adandon and I never had any pets before and I felt so bad I took her with me. So I cleaned her up washed her and a week later took her to the ASPCA truck that does spaying on dogs and I got coco scanned first to see if she had a chip in her so If she did I can return her to her original owner but she didnt so I was the luckiest girl ever because I been wanting a yorkie for a LONG time but they were just to expensive for me to buy. So the ASPCA people told everyone that if your pet is not in good health condition they won't proceed with the spaying or nueture process. So coco got spayed and micro chipped and got her the shots in case she didnt have them or wasn't up to date with them. So ok that has been 2 weeks ago that she got the whole process done. She healed great and everything from her spay. So now a couple of days ago we had maggots In our house and we never had them before and we had them for like 2 days after it all cleared out my assumption for them was maybe because I left coco wet dog food out in the open but in a ziplock bag. So I store it in the fridge now and the maggots are gone. Also a couple of days ago maybe like 3 days ago my dad not knowing about dogs fed my poor coco a little bit of rice and BEANS! He said it was a little bit and I was so upset with him and a day later coco got diaherra! Not to very very graphic but its very watery and with some kind of clear stuff on it too but no blood for 2 days straight. So I made her some boiled rice with no salt no nothing and boiled chicken breast also bland and my dad friend that has 3 dogs told me to give her a small teaspoon of pepto Dismal so I fed her and gave her pepto. The next day after two days now when I walked coco she looks like she's constipated and she tries to poop but nothing comes out. So today she wakes up really early and runs to the livingroom and she poops on the wee wee pad hard stool and a small little drops of wet ones. And also she threw up for the first time since she had diaherra it was a white color throw up. Now my question is do you guys think I should've checked out coco at a vet to see if she's a healthy dog before getting her spayed? But then again I'm guessing the ASPCA did that work for me before getting her spayed and getting her shots. Or you guys think it was the maggots? But I kept her away from them or you guys think it was the small amount of rice and beans my dad fed her. I have an appointment for the vet for her today later on in the day but my co workers that are dog owners are telling me to cancel it because they told me she'll get better and vets get pretty pricy. So do you guys have any suggestions? Home remedies? And by the way coco is acting like her normal self doesn't look like she's in pain. I'm really worried
CocoD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!