View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #10
Sunnydayz
YT 500 Club Member

I guess I may be one that has done things different. I tried starting with a crate with gizmo, the extra small, but he was scared to death of it, and freaked out yelping and screaming all night. I think the girl I rescued him from was a byb, and kept him in a crate all the time because he had an awful fear of it. The next day I went and bought a large xpen for him and set it up in a rectangle instead of the normal octagon. At one end I put his potty pad then towards the middle I put his food and water, and at the other end put his blanket/bed with all his toys. He is doing wonderful in there. I have him on a schedule so he knows what to expect. When I go to bed I cover the end of his bed with a blanket to make it like a den. I also turn on mellow classical music for him as well as a night light. He has not cried once at night since. He also knows he has to take naps there during the day. He also eats all his meals in there, and is doing fairly well with the potty training. I have an exact potty pad holder outside the pen as well sohe knows what it looks like and where to go.

In almost 4 weeks, he's only had 4 accidents, 2 pee ones and 2 poop ones, and they all happened under my husbands watch haha, he tends to watch the tv more than he does gizmo :-) he hasn't had one accident while he's been out hanging out and playing with me :-) the pen I have is 2 1/2 wide by 7 ft long so it gives him plenty of room, to separate each area and what is for :-)

Last edited by Sunnydayz; 09-03-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Sunnydayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!