View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 10:19 PM   #8
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I have several pets and put in laminated flooring --- all over!!! And, I have a lot of area rugs. Many of my rugs are small and washable. I have several larger (carpet) ones. But the end result is that they are replaceable -- if ever necessary -- at a fraction of the price wall to wall carpet would be.

My little guy is confined to the kitchen when I'm gone and is good about using his puppy pad then. But if he has the run of the house, he'll still pee almost anywhere. So - he runs around the house wearing a belly band constantly. I just use washcloths - pinned with a diaper pin. And, I have dozens of them. They go right into the wash - no problem. This is the main reason I got a little boy! I notice, however, that you have a girl.

Good luck. I know potty training can be very hard. I'm still working on my little guy. But, at least when he wears his belly band running around - his pee never hits a carpet. This works great for now. I am anxiously waiting for warmer weather (and longer days) so we can go outside more early in the morning and when I get home from work.

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!