Thread: Madan Pin Brush
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #11
WJM
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomo View Post
The Madan pin brushes are not like slicker brushes. The pins on the Madan are straight & the tips are beveled, so if you run it up & down your arm, it doesn't leave scratch marks like a slicker brush would. The pins on slicker brushes are bent, it's designed to catch & pull out dead & shedding hair, much like a rake. That's why it's not recommended to use on tangles for Yorkies & other single haired breeds bc it will pull on the hair, causing breakage. But if your dog is pet, it's fine to use a slicker.
Madan Oblong brushes would be a great option for your Shih Tzu. It has the firmest cushion & is a great alternative to a slicker brush w/out the scratchy pins. It brushes out the most stubborn of tangles & is awesome for line brushing bc of the shape. I have sold many to Maltese owners, Malts have thicker & softer hair than Yorkies. You can also go w/any of the Small, but I would go w/the Oblong. The above are great for all hair types & will brush out stubborn tangles, highly recommended for soft, cottony hair.
If you would like a Regular sized brush, the Black w/Red cushion or Apple Green in firm would be good. Black w/Red is a little softer than the oblongs & the Apple Green would be equivalent, it's the firmest regular/medium sized oval brush. These will also brush out tangles easily & are great for soft, cottony tangles easily hair, highly recommended for med-long hair. Please let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to help!

Thank you everyone for recommending toplinepet!

Thank you so much for the helpful info
WJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!