Thread: NoncJules
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
MandiesMom
and Shelby's too
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoncJules View Post
Hi Everyone....My sister asked me to babysit her adorable-extremely spoiled -attached minature yorkie for 8 days while her & her husband goes on vacation. The tiny pet is rarely socialized with anyone, also had large kidney stone removed at 9 weeks old..special attention..blood sugar, shakes when scared of anything..is very overprotected, and means the world to his owners. The dog seems to like us when we visit..once a month for 3 hrs at there home..i donot have a pet...My husband & I love dogs..my wife & I are debating at what we should do. I would love to help..but worried...about Normal yorkie problems...anxiety, separation..etc etc..we will be very careful, but accidents do happen..I could never afford to replace her pet...I would appreciate all & any suggestions. that'd for Your Time & Attention .
Welcome to YT.

I am a little confused by your post. You mention "my husband and I" and right after that, you mention "my wife and I". Huh?

As for the issue and question, how old is the pup? Do you have any experience or knowledge of taking care of a small breed dog (there's no such thing as miniature yorkies..they are just small breed...standard is 7 lbs and under)?

If you are as concerned as you sound, you may send vibes to the pup that will end up making it more anxious and scared. So, unless you have the time and patience to actually treat this pup as if you were caring for a small child, then I would just decline and suggest to your sister that she find an experienced sitter.

If you are willing to put in the time that this pup needs and WANT to, then go for it. Just read Yorkies for Dummies (it's actually a very useful tool). And stay here with us along the way. We'll be here for you
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!