View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
Sunnydayz
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadraphinic View Post
Megan was an untrained therapy dog for me, and Gina is being trained to be my service dog. These dogs always seem to now what someone needs, with or without training. Megan used to make me get up every 45 minuets or so, just so my joints wouldn't get too stiff. Gina is showing the same abilities, and is doing well in her training.
Cheers Quad
They are so amazing aren't they? I had just had to have part of my bladder removed 3 months ago due to neurogenic bladder, then got pnemonia right after and am just recouping. Gizmo makes me get up and play every 30 to 45 mins all through the day. When I had the surgery that caused my paralysis 4 years go, before surgery I weighed 105 lbs, and went up to 132 from low activity level and many many surgeries and infections. Since I have had gizmo for 3 short weeks I am already down to 124/125, it varies by a pound from day to day :-)

It's the first time I have actually lost any weight since my spinal cord injury. Like my Dr. Said before getting the puppy, I had the choice of resting to keep the pain under control, but with Gizmo I have no choice, because I put his needs before my own. What is also amazing, is I have been able to cut back on my pain meds, because the activity has lessened the pain. He truly needed me and I truly needed him xoxo

If your interested in hw I ended up with a spinal cord surgery, you can read my blog here : LIVING LIFE WITH CES AFTER FAILED TARLOV SURGERY: May 2010 , I have not updated in awhile, but it tells my story :-) I am in such a better place now than I was then, and it even took me I think over a year to start my blog, due to so much anger and depression I had back then.

Gizmo is truly a blessing, who knows, once he gets his other 2 sets of shots, I might, just might get back down to that 105 pre surgery weight, thanks to Gizmo and all the exercise we will get together going for walks at the beach, and playing :-) just love him to pieces, and I found him right when we both needed it the most xoxo
Sunnydayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!