View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #15
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy4 View Post
I don't own a scale but I can tell by lifting them that they are putting on weight, I was doing a lot of reading and I got really confused as far as the calcium supplement went, some people were saying giving her calcium would decrease the amount in her body causing her to have Eclampsia, others were saying to give her things like yogurt and cottage cheese, which way is the right way? I read the whelping pudding after i posted my response on here and realized my mistake lol my bad. To be honest ive been trying to feed her healthy things I read sardines and beef and chicken were all good, so any ideas as to what I can give her please any are welcome, I will def be getting the ingredients for that pudding for her, I find since shes had the puppies shes thinner, she was never really big but shes smaller now so I will be feeding her the pudding. i also picked up this milk replacer for puppies would it be okay if I gave some of it to mommy, like would it also add calcium to her diet? I cant thank you enough for ur help I really appreciate it
Im not sure about the milk replacer, one of my girl got into the puppy gruel once and had a violent reaction to it. She started throwing up all over the place, it was not good. Be sure to read the label carefully. Plus, as long as you give her several small meals a day (3-4 / 4-5) of puppy food (dry & can) mixed she should do very well raising her milk production in order to provide what is necessary for the pups. Both have enough calcium in them.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!