View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #9
Chrissy4
Yorkie Talker

Thanks everyone for ur answers and bumping my post, I have been spending my nights out in the front room with Kenzi my dog while shes with her babies. I cant bare to leave her alone at night time she use to sleeping in my bed and i don't want her to feel alone. She seems to be feeding them all equally, she will feed one, then it falls asleep and she will tend to another if it wakes up and so on, sometimes 1 or 2 wake me up crying and i get up and place them by her teats and they quite down eat and go back to sleep. They spend most there time sleeping not crying so im guessing that means they are getting fed enough, they are all sleeping individually like someone said on a response so that means they are all warm enough, id rather see them sleeping alone then huddling I guess because I now know they are warm enough, is there a such thing as to warm? for new borns tho? i try to close the window around 9 sometimes 8 if the draft is cooling down and it gets quite warm at night but i cannot open the window because it would be to cold. For her first time having puppies I have to say she amazes me as to how attentive to them and there squeaks she is, she leaves for a while when they sleep then as soon as one stirs shes back in there with them. I do have one more question just so I can make sure everything stays okay I hope u guys don't mind but i was wondering, is there any thing I should be watching for that would let me know somethings not okay with them? right now im just going by there sleeping and squeaking that they are doing and like i said there sleep is alot and the squeaking only lasts for a few mins until they find a teat, sometimes they make a little noise while drinking too. i don't think ill ever breed her again or any dog for that matter this is way to much worrying for me, i love them all dearly but my gosh its stressful lol I will defiantly be checking out that whelping pudding recipe for them. thank you for the responses once again, and byes for now
Chrissy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!