View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #6
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

This is my 2 cents and what has worked for me bringing in new rescue's. I always introduce the new dog in a neutral area - which in my case is outside as my dogs are not as protective of me and their home out there (unless you are on the other side of the fence).

I put the new dog into the Xpen and then let the gang out. Usually the gang runs over to the new dog and does the smell/pee how are you dance. The xpen protects the new dog so they are not overwelmed by my gang of 10. Usually within minutes the gang moves on and the rescue looks at me and I let them out. I am always watching very carefully so if I see any signs I can jump into the situtation. I have never once had a problem doing it this way. When my sister came to visit with her Maltese (who is extremely bossy & bitchy) we did the same thing and within 10 minutes everyone was running around having a good time.

Once we came into the house I also have another pen setup so if the new dog is nervous I can put them in the pen and again I have never had any problems.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!