View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #14
Bentleysmommie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Ladygane wow!! What a difference!! Thank you so much everyone. He looks completely different now with no hair. I am seeing my veterinarian and the dermatologist but I had to leave the dermatologist and stick to the regular veterinarian because the consultation alone is $170 without any treatment and they prescribed the same thing my regular vet already had. Its very expensive and my veterinarian says she has helped dogs that have been worse. I am a student and I work part time from home, my husband and I have streched out our finances to pay for treatment so far. I really cant afford the dermatologist right now. We shaved him last night and this morning I bathed him with antifungal shampoo then dipped him in metiban which is a strong dip. Hes on antibiotics for the open wound and an oral medication to fight the infection. His skin is so dry I get scratched from putting him against me and I cant put oil because the fungus reproduces in moisture so the bath and dip only make his skin dryer. Skin problems are hard to treat but im hopefull that my Bentley will be happy again. Now its tough for him, all day in a play pen feeling bad side effects but soon it will all be over. Im hurt that he wont be able to be walked outside he loves the sun and walks, maybe in the future. I love him so much.

Last edited by Bentleysmommie; 08-27-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Bentleysmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!