Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #15
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

[QUOTE=Peachesmommy;4304125]Y

When replying, for ease & understanding, please reference the # of the question you are responding to, Thank you.ittle bitty HUMAN, in ALL WAYS. She is NOT spayed & will NOT ever be unless PROVEN TO BE ABSOLUTELY MEDICALLY NECESSARY. Yes, we heard about Cancer "allegedly" but don't ALL dogs end up getting it anyway? We've discussed this and she WILL be breed, with another puppy, we obtain, at the appropriate time with the help and under the care of her excellent Veterinarian. No matter how difficult it is, we will keep ALL of her litter babies, as we do not have the heart to seperate them from her. THAT WILL NOT CHANGE.

In unspayed females cancer yes can happen, but your overweening concern should be pyrometra which can kill in 24 hours unless recognized early for the medical emergency it is, and brought to the vet.

In terms of what should be tested by both breeding dogs I attach this link
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/diet-nutrition-health-library/267363-yorkie-health-concerns-including-top-10-list.html#post4303283

As you will note in this list there are a few things no general vet is qualified to test for.

1. What type of FORMAL MEDICAL EDUCATION do breeders/rescuers have? If none, why are they allowed to care for dogs? Do they become EDUCATED through trial & Error?

Breeders the good ones go through an apprenticeship like program. We do study genetics, and do try to keep current on a multitude of topics relating to breeding and also our breed that we do breed. Many of us belong to our National Breed Clubs which outline the responsibilities of breeder members.
3. What type of EXPERIENCE is REQUIRED to be a breeder/rescuer? If none, how is it determined that a person is QUALIFIED to care for Dogs? Do they become EXPERIENCED through trial & Error?

4. If questions 2 and 3 cannot be answered in the affirmative, what makes them QUALIFIED to determine what a proper matching would be and what type of household would be appropriate.

5. Why do people & rescuers think it is acceptable or appropriate to approach, question, confront, or criticize those of us who DO NOT WISH TO SPAY/NEUTER, WANT to BREED, ANNNNNNND Tell us how to care for our dogs when we're just strolling along in public. Yes, We do desire helpful advise, WHEN ASKED, but isn't that crossing the line? If we asked you questions 1 and 2 would you be offended?

Not me, I stand by my background of over 30 years and my also extensive list of seminars etc that I continue to educate myself as I grow as a breeder.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!