View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #20
theporkieyorkie
YT 1000 Club Member

I think having a small dog makes you think differently than someone who has never had one. I never would have been concerned walking down the road with my x-boyfriends pitbull. Yes, I would have minded a dog approaching me off-leash, but not nearly as much as I do now with these little guys.

We definitely need to document when things happen...which isn't always the easiest if you are walking a few blocks away from your house...or a dog zooms by you real quick off leash. A neighbor dog kept getting loose...now it didn't hurt the boys, but it was aggressive towards people...but trying to get a picture of it the moment it got out would've been very hard.

If another dog attacked my dog, I would have been calling the police and animal control right away to document it at the very least. I know some people make mistakes...even a responsible owner can have a dog escape on accident...but if it keeps happening, or if the person is just letting their dogs run loose, that, IMO that is unacceptable ... ESPECIALLY if the dog is displaying aggressive behavior to either dogs or humans.

Once your dog has acted aggressively towards another animal or human, you now have an added responsibility of keeping your dog safe from the public and the public safe from your dog. I don't care if the dog is 10 lbs or 100 lbs. If the dog bites the wrong person, in the end, the dog is going to pay with it's life...all because the owner was not responsible enough to keep the pet.

Obviously this particular lady isn't a responsible owner if her dogs are continually running around the neighborhood unleashed...after attacking your dog. I hope that Animal Control writes her an expensive ticket!! At a minimum, I am sure she will get a warning!!
theporkieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!