Thread: Hi, we're new!
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #13
JayBet98
YorkieTalk Newbie!

We're honestly a little torn about the true intentions. She did not ask for a large rehoming fee like others--I had contacted one person who had a year old Yorkie and wanted $600 and was completely "flat" (best way I can describe her phone demeanor) that left me thinking she was just looking for money, and a couple other people with pups that gave only age and price, no other info. We did not have $600 to invest in a dog, especially when additional funds would be necessary to fix her, which is why I was watching the rescues so closely.

Benji's owner requested $100, and we exchanged several very detailed emails about him and the situation, whereas other people seemed to give one line answers and tell you a price. So I went into the situation believing she sincerely wanted a good home for him. When we got him, he seemed to cower from us when we went to bend down or pet him, and the raggedy coat left us wondering if he wasn't taken care of as well as we had thought. Some of the cowering could simply be adjustment, and he has warmed up to us tremendously in the past week.

I will contact her and see if I can get the name of his prior vet--great suggestion. She said when she got him at about 3 mos they promised to mail papers and shot records and it never happened (definitely a shady deal there), and she told me she got him his shots when she got him, but the vet had recommended waiting til he was a year old for rabies just in case he had already had it.

In any case, we will take good care of him! I had tried to "ban" myself from even looking at CL anymore, but I'm sure glad I peeked that Friday night and we had him home with us the next day.
JayBet98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!