View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
Caleb4Mayor
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Embarassed Perfect Yorkie Puppy Gone Baaad

Ok, so I decided to get a Yorkie puppy a month ago after being in love with my best friends two yorkies for over a year now. I was very hesitant to get another pet after having to give up two kittens I had rescued when I went away to college. I still see them occasionally having given them to a family friend but that's another story. When I first brought my new Yorkie home he was the perfect dog everyone WISHES they had! I mean .. this dog never barked (still doesn't) learned a few basic commands real quick, ALWAYS went on his little peepee pad, let's me groom him daily with no fuss I had really lucked out! After about a month he has started to get a little crazy when I leave for work which I have solved with getting him a kong toy and filling it with a little bit of peanut butter before I leave and distracting him with it. Now when I try to give him his little training sessions he either ignores me or runs away even when I have his favorite treats (chicken is his fav). I know he knows what I want him to do because he has done it a million times. He has started to pee on the carpet and does it right in front of me! When he does this I say "NO" and put him in his crate for a while. I was reading online about showing your dog who is alpha and have since started eating first, going through doorways first, not picking him up and babying him so much, putting his bed in his big canvas crate (which he has taken to hanging out in even with the door open which is good!) but what should I do when he doesn't listen to me? Or pees on the carpet? How do I correct these behaviors without being too harsh? I read online you're never supposed to let them not obey you but how is this accomplished? Please help ..

Last edited by Caleb4Mayor; 08-22-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Caleb4Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!