View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 04:30 AM   #1
JuneBugs Momma
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default How Do You Treat For Fleas?

Allthough this is not my first rodeo with owning dogs, it is, however, my first experience with these pesky creatures. I know, hard to believe, right? My chihuahua was strictly an indoor dog and I never had to worry about fleas, ticks, etc.

I was rubbing JuneBugs belly last night and found a flea crawling pretty quickly on his chest, not belly area. I did not see anymore and that was the only one. I woke up this morning and I washed his pet bed he sleeps in. I vaccumed 2-3 days ago as I usually do on a regular schedule but, this was before I saw the flea.

He is at the end of his Vectra treatment (been 4 weeks) and he goes to the groomer today. He gets a puppy cut really short so I am hoping that he should be coming home flea-free this afternoon. I live in a townhome community so there are other dogs using the community grounds around here.

I was just curious as to what is protocol if you see one flea and you see no flea dirt nor is he scratching erratically. He is also my only pet in the house. I also have read people washing their own bedding and was curious as to why if the dog does not have access or is not allowed on the bed?

Your comments/thoughts are appreciated.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!