View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #14
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
Either take charge of the meds or have a designated area (e.g. bathroom) where all pills are stored and taken and don't allow the pups near that room. It is possible for any one of us to drop a pill and not realize it or give our pups access to something toxic accidentally.

My mom disn't pck her pup's food up a few weeks ago and my girl got into it. It is not toxic but anything like tat can put my girl in a life threatening situation. It was just an accident, not the unforgivable sin.
This is LAW at my house!!! Pups in one end of the house, bathrooms and medicine at the other! NO medicine anyplace on the property except the bathrooms! If you take pills, you take them in the bathroom! There are cups in each bathroom for water....pills are ingested in there! My mother, bless her heart, never dropped a pill....it was ME that dropped a bottle of my thyroid meds....maybe not deadly meds, but it certainly could have been. Those pills hit the kitchen floor and every dog I own made a mad dash for the kitchen, to get their fair share of whatever treat had just been made available!!!! I was screaming and yelling and waving my arms, trying to run everyone aout of the kitchen before anyone got a pill....Lord, that was enough for me! Medicine goes into the bathrooms!

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 08-20-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!