View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
Yorkie Mum
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinlvr
The strangest thing happened yesterday. My son and his wife brought over their new 3-month old Boston/Bull Dog mix puppy. He's the sweetest little guy and weighs about 11 pounds. When we put him in the kitchen with my 3 year old Maltese and my 8 month old Yorkie my two dogs turned on this poor puppy!! They growled and snapped at him and all he did was go over and sniff them! After awile it was clear that my two didn't want this puppy around so my husband and I each held one while the puppy walked around the family room and plopped down with a bully stick.

A little while later I thought that I would try putting Muffin down (the Yorkie) and see what she would do. Never in my life have I seen such aggression out of this little sweet baby girl. She bared her teeth, and growled and started making these 'cat-like' noises as if she would rip the poor puppy apart! I am in shock. Muffin is such a sweatheart and I didn't think she had this trait in her personality. She's great with people.

Do I need to get her into some kind of puppy class to get her integrated with other dogs? Is it too late for my 3-year old Maltese? Obviously I want my grown kids to be able to bring their dogs to my house without my dogs behaving like monsters.

Help!
I am at work right now am home late hang in there. Got one in my house and it is managable be back to help as soon as I can.

Joy
Yorkie Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!