View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #6
FryFry
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyK810 View Post
Personally, I wouldn't take a dog just cos it's a cheap puppy. The initial cost of a pup is nothing compared to the lifetime cost. Get what you really want for the next 15 or so years, don't just settle cos it's cheap initially.

Is there a reason you don't want to travel to get a yorkie? Again, personally, I'd willing drive a long distance to get a pup I'd be having in my life for the next 15 or so years. One long trip is nothing to get what you want.

I don't know if dogs recognize their own breed or not. ZoE certainly recognizes other dogs on tv, but then she also barks at horses, cows, elephants...basically anything on 4 legs. I do know ZoE recognizes her friends though. When she are out an event and meet other new dogs, she's very leery of them, but when we meet up with a friend of hers, she's so happy to see them.
One of the main reasons for not traveling out of State is the long road trip. I feel like the puppy is already going to be stressed out because it's leaving it's mother and siblings..Also, I would never ship a puppy to me. I think that's way too stressful for the puppy. I'm not looking for a show dog..I just want a companion dog. I did find a lady in my town who's Yorkie just had puppies 2 days ago! They're her family dogs, and she owns both the male and female. The female had 5 puppies, however the dogs aren't registered..I know it's advised NOT to buy from something like this, but I'm going to text her tomorrow and ask some questions..if I think things sound good then I'll ask if I can go and visit her place..if she says no, then I'll forget it and look elsewhere.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!