View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
yorkiemini
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Treats for agility class problems

Cali is taking agility classes, doing well and enjoying it.... we just got home from our morning class and she threw up most of the treats - she never throws up

I first used cheese (velvetta) and she got diarrhea.Today I used Wellness Pure No-grain Rewards cut up into tiny pieces - she weighs 3 pounds 14 ounces.

She has never been a treat crazy dog. Gets a few from time to time mostly a couple bites during her daily grooming. But this agility training is very treat oriented which is new to us. During regular obedience classes she work more for the praise. Now, at this place she is checking the floor all the time for pieces of treats left behind. I'm really uncomfortable e with this whole treat thinking - she does not like the clicker thingie but they give treats along with the click also.

Hate to drop out! I discussed it at the second class trying to tell the teacher that she has never been treat seeking and that as the smallest dog there this was alot of treats for a little dog even though they are in tiny pieces, almost shreds.

Anyone ever experienced anything like this. I will try to back off some, but she sees the other (big) dogs getting them so expects them too.

Is shredded chicken easier on the stomach? I have even wondered if I just used her little Fromm kibbles if that would work - don't know of she would think they are treat however. I really don't like the thought of her becoming a treat monger I just want it to be fun!

Sorry so long winded .

Last edited by yorkiemini; 08-17-2013 at 10:33 AM.
yorkiemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!