View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 01:19 AM   #1
docmartin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Question Bit of help please with 'Chewing'

Crystal latently started chewing a piece of my prime yew furniture. Fortunately I was on hand to desist the destruction, but it still caused me a couple of hours work to restore it. She was 'read her rights' and put in the gulag (bathroom) for about 15 minutes! She re-appeared ears down, head on the floor, looking up so the whites of her eyes showed etc. - gosh these little monkeys are so appealing! She was however truly extremely sorry and didn't leave my side all day or night thereafter. She's normally such a good little soul that I've reasoned this 'chewing' bout must be the result of teething causing her pain, as so far we've never had a thing touched? She does like 'mouthing' my hand however, which I indulge her with (and probably shouldn't), hanging on to my trousers, tug of war with her many toys and occasionally biting my wife's duvet fringing! Although she's now seven months old, I understand she can 'teeth' for up to a year? Crystal seems impervious to Chew Deterrent Sprays; but we've always kept a lot chew sticks around and recently, these are getting bitten in half very quickly? Maybe I need to get a stronger version as her meggy's become more efficient?? Is there anything I can use to protect the furniture with that anyone can recommend? Many thanks
docmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!