View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
Carmeow
I♥ my girls Luma+Rosie
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamax60 View Post
I found out that I had a gluten intolerance on my own through Google. My allergist and dermatologist could figure out why I had a rash (didn't itch, but looked awful). I cut out gluten and it went away. Tested with pizza and beer , and in less then 30 minutes I HAD to find a bathroom - fast! Rash also came back. I have never intentionally eaten gluten again. My FP discovered the severe intolerance via saliva testing, but my understanding is that the only way to confirm Celiac is for me to start eating gluten again. Not going to happen, especially when the only cure is to stop eating gluten. It's really not that hard to avoid. Most store carry a pretty good selection of gluten free products, but they are pricey. Fresh vegetables, fruit, meat, fish, etc. are easy. Your fav restaurant Panera has a "hidden" gluten free menu - Access into Panera's Hidden Menu :: Articles & Tips :: MyPanera

Yep, if you stop eating gluten on your own they can't test you for celiac disease. I did the saliva testing but after that they wanted further testing. I had several blood tests. Finally came back today that I do indeed have celiac disease. It was crazy how I had every single symptom. I've had a bad rash on and off for the past several years and saw several dermatologists who couldn't tell me what it was. I know what it is now lol. It'll be interesting to see how much I improve and how quickly. I eat pretty badly in general so its going to be difficult to not just cut back on, but fully eliminate, gluten. I'm going to head to Barnes and noble today to pick up some books. I found a book on Amazon called Gluten Free Guide to Fast Food by Adam Bryan. Thank you for the link about Panera. Sad my fave soup isnt on there but I honestly love everything Ive ever tried from them.

Last edited by Carmeow; 08-16-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Carmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!