View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #4
JMuedog
Love My Little Cuties
Donating Member
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryHope View Post
Hi. I don't know if anyone else has had experience with this problem, but our little 14-week-old Mia is having bathroom "issues". She has learned to go on the puppy pad, very well, so I am thrilled with that! The problem is that her poo keeps getting stuck to her bottom. Sometimes it seems like she is straining to go, but I think it is just that there must be poo from the previous BM that is obstructing her elimination. Her poo is soft, but formed, so I don't think it is a constipation problem. Is this "normal" for yorkies? And, if so, how do you keep their bottom clean? (I'm cringing at the thought of cleaning her again. It is hard to get her still long enough to get the dirty job done!) Somebody please advise!
If you bring her to a groomer when she's old enough have them do a sanitary trim or in the meantime you could trim the hairs on her rear. We have to trim both pups butts and use clippers. Quick fix is you could just have some dedicated scissors for trimming the culprit hairs when the poo is stuck on them. Its gross, but fixes the problem right then.
JMuedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!