View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

When I brought in a male rescue a few years ago, my 3 girls all started having accidents in the house. Like you my house turned into a giant pee pad. Nikki the male never had an accident and he was a very senior gut, just my girls. Sadly, Nikki passed away last summer. Even though he was gone they continued their bad habits. I tore out all the carpet (gross) and had hard wood floors out in all but the bedrooms and bathrooms. I put new carpet in the bedrooms. Now my girls only have access to my bedroom area where the new carpet is covered in plastic (looks great not!) and the hall, kitchen and breakfast area. After awhile they started peeing on the hard wood. So now they are confined in my bedroom, which is large. They have access to the walk in closet, bed and half the room that is covered in plastic. This is where their pee pads are. I spend all my time in the bedroom so they are always with me. When confined they use the pee pads or Pixie goes outside. So now I am really getting on them when they are on the hardwood to not go potty there. I know some of it was my fault by not being as diligent as I should have but my DH became very ill and then passed so I was not as focused as I needed to be. I don't know if I will ever get them 100% trained but I am working on it. I hope you can turn it around I know how frustrating it is.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!