View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #11
Sunnydayz
YT 500 Club Member

Does anyone feed wet food as well as the dry? After I have had him since Thursday, I had been giving the rx wet food from the vet whenever he was hungry, then yesterday I gave it mixed with the dry food and he separates out the dry food and spits it out :-) last night for the first i me I left just the dry food and water, because I was leaving the wet food at night and noticed last night before bed his poo was a little runny and that scared me, so I didn't leave the wet food over night last night, just the dry. I've cut down the nutrical to 3 times a day along with a little chicken breast.

The first 24 to 36 hours we fed him hourly by spoon along with the Caro syrup, wet food and nutrical 5 times that fist day. Within 24 hours he really perked up. Now it's dry food at night with water, nutrical 3 times a day, all the dry food he wants and giving little spoonfuls of wet food as a treat. Does this sound ok? He's super hyper and playful, pouncing all over now. I love hearing his little rumble growl and barks lol.

I was so worried that first night and didnt know if he would make it. The vet had given him a very slim chance because he could not even be woken up from the time I got him from the girl to the time I got to the vet, which was only about 20 minutes. Now you would never know he went through that, he's so perky and playful now. I make sure to limit his playtime right now to about 30 minutes, then a nap because I want him to get stronger before I let him go completely crazy haha. He just got done playing and licking my whole face, and it's nap time :-)
Sunnydayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!