View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #12
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

if it was me I would rehome the female, yeah I know some people would frown on this but it sounds like she would like to be an only dog and I feel very bad for your first dog that is being terrorized by all this. It must be miserable for your poor boy to be afraid all the time, this would make it hard for me to like the female and by your comment I picked the wrong dog I sense you sort of feel a bit like that.

This happened to me but only in reverse, my first yorkie was about 2 when I brought home a small bichon. no matter what I did to help them get along the older dog would not take to the puppy and he was either aggressive towards the puppy or hid under the bed. Eventually he started to get aggressive with me if I would be giving them both treats or attention. After about 8 months I finally rehomed the happy little Bichon to a family with no other dogs and things returned to normal and my first dog went back to being a fun happy affectionate dog. Life is stressful enough and I want to enjoy my pets not have them constantly separated from each other or being on guard so one does not get hurt. Also trying to un train natural personality behavior is not easy and not always possible.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!