View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #5
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetts_mama View Post
Institute a "no running" rule around the dog. The puppy is little and gets over stimulated by things easily. Until he is older, it's much easier to control the stimuli versus controlling the natural reaction of the puppy.
as harsh as this might sound it probably is the best, even though he is the one doing the nipping he is also the one that could get the most hurt. Kids could easily fall down on him, stomp on him and so forth. young kids should only interact with small puppies when things are calm and everyone is sitting down. Puppies should be crated on occasion for sleep and their own safety tell the kids they can run around then. I have a no running around the house policy for any kids that come over.

The problem with trying to discipline a puppy while they are doing zoomies is you can not catch them and running after them only adds to their fun of being chased. When Lola was a puppy I kept a leash on her in the house, it made it so easier to get her if I needed to correct a bad behavior or get her to take her out to potty.

Last edited by DBlain; 08-12-2013 at 06:15 AM.
DBlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!