View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #8
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

I almost lost a pup years ago after surgery due to CT. It is a very long story .. he did survive, but it was by the grace of God that he did. I have a senior pup now who has a profoundly collapsed trachea and he had surgery for a salivary mucocele and he did just fine. In both cases the pups were at Texas A&M. That same pup needs a dental and I am terrified to have them do it. Intubation is a terrible risk with CT as you know. I guess you just have to talk to your vets and then follow your gut instinct. The only thing I can say is that the knee would have to really be bothering my pup before I would do it. Usually a Grade 4 it out and staying out and not really an issue to the pup....it is if they tear the CCL that it becomes a problem. As Mom To Hot Rob suggested, I would go to a board certified surgeon for an opinion....they are much less apt to operate on LP than some other vets. Some vets really believe these knees all should be repaired and that is not what the surgeon I use thinks.
Good luck with your decision.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!