View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
SilkyPooMama
Yorkie Yakker

Default How hot is too hot for puppy to be outside?

When I start my new gardening job on the 19th, I may be able to bring Benji with me some days. I would likely take him with me in the morning until my lunch break, and then bring him back home and kennel him until I get back from work. The longest he would be with me outdoors is 3-4 hours.

Fortunately, it seems like we're done with the 90+ degree weather for the summer. It's looking like we should be in the 80s most days. I'm just wondering how hot is too hot for my 3-4 pound puppy to be outside with me for a few hours? He would be under a tree in partly shade. It would be from about 9 am to noon. And I have a huge thermos that keeps water very cold. I will bring his water bowl obviously and share my cold water with him.

I would probably start off by bringing him on a cooler day and see how he does, but I'm just wondering what temps feel hot to a Yorkie/Silky-Poo puppy?

OH and the reason I'm not sure on his weight is because my kitchen scale at home said 3 pounds 4 ounces, and the vet's scale said 4 pounds! I have a hard time believing he's already 4 pounds, and I know I've calibrated my scale and it should be accurate?! If he's already 4 pounds at 10 weeks he's gonna end up a lot bigger than I thought! lol
SilkyPooMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!