View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
theporkieyorkie
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Do you ever feel guilty??

This is a question for people with more than one dog...

Do you ever find yourself feeling guilty that you are paying attention to one dog and not the other?!?

Like if one dog is sitting on your lap and the other can't...or you are bathing or grooming the one dog...or you only take one dog on a walk or in the car with you and the other has to stay home??

Princeton, my older dog, is totally a mamma's boy and he loves being with me and I love being with him...but he's been sick, he hates the car and he's scared to death of other people...so he doesn't make a good traveling companion. So lately, I've been taking Ricky out with me and Princeton stays at home with dad.

Every time I leave with Ricky though, I feel horrible about it. I feel like I am cheating on Princeton or something...but I know that he would be miserable going with me...and his nerves would upset his tummy and he'd have the runs the day after he went out on the town.

Does anyone else feel the same way when you are giving attention to one dog and not the other. Princeton is my first Yorkie love and he means the world to me. I don't want him to feel like I replaced him with Ricky. Maybe I am just humanizing the dogs feelings too much...IDK...but he definitely misses us when we are gone.
theporkieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!