View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #6
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Gerber water helped Joey unto he finally could drink regular water. Joey had tearing but not enough to cause a yeast infection. Once you get a yeast infection, I don't think the water alone will help, you need to get rid of that. The minerals in regular water can cause some dogs to tear, purified takes out the minerals and adds a few in for taste. The mineral water should not make the eyes worse and certainly wouldn't cause a yeast infection. I think Momo's beard stayed wet too long this is what caused the yeast infection. Some dogs have a problem drinking out of bowls and dip their whole face in the water, you could try a shallow bowl or even gerbil drinking bottles, which many show breeders use so beards stay dry.
I should have been more specific, I'm having issues w/his eyes staining, not his beard. We use the Madan water bottle converters! I also have a water bowl out for them. Mimi's beard stains & is noticeable bc she's lighter but she prefers to drink form the water converter. I'm trying to figure out if it's red yeast caused by his watery eyes & I've also noticed lots of eye goobers, which he didn't have much of b4. It must be a coincidence that it started when I switched to Gerber water. I'm trying to keep his eye area as clean as possible & cut off all the hair on his nose bridge bc he has a really short snout. I'm seeing less eye goobers on him today, so hopefully keeping the hair away from his eyes will help.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!