View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Obviously, your breeder did not go over any of her well baby checks with you or she would have been aware of these issues and hopefully, would have discussed them with you BEFORE you took that baby and got attached. A soft spot that is an inch long is concerning.....your vet is telling you the truth.....concerning for possible hydrocephalus development.... How old is Zoey? I have no idea what is going on with her vulva....What to do????......if you are financially able to treat all the worse case scenerios presented by issues she already has, and if you are hopelessly in love wih her, keep her and set yourself up for the future with this baby. Is the breeder going to take her back if she gives you a refund? That baby is possibly going to be a major expense to her, medically.....she will either consider letting you keep her and refund your money....or she will have her put down, or she will keep her and take care of her medical issues herself as they develop. Young puppies can have loose joints....they can tighten up with age if you do not allow her to jump from furniture! You will have to watch her head and keep her from injury via that soft spot....she may or may not ever develop hydrocephalus....it is a crap shoot. The vulva issue I can not say anything about because I have no idea what is happening there...if you keep her clean, keep the hair away from her lady parts, I would not be so concerned about UTIs.....it would seem to me UTIs would be a concern if she is not able to empty her bladder completely and pooling urine grows bacteria in her bladder, setting up the UTI.... This baby could be a lot of work, and/or a lot of money, or she could live a long life free of all these possibilities! You have to decide what YOU are up to doing! What is YOUR committment to this baby and what she may need?
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!