View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #18
AllDogBoots
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentleysmom1985 View Post
My puppy was afraid of thunderstorms at first (I live in S. Florida so we have one every afternoon during the summer). Everytime there's a thunderstorm I turn off everything, radio, tv, fans, so he can hear it loud and clear, and I start playing fetch with him, giving him treats, running around and acting like nothing is happening. I did this a couple of times, and not it doesnt even phase him, he doesnt even look up unless it's really loud, but then he'd go on like he heard nothing.

I know it's tough if you dont start to do it when theyre puppies or if you adopt, it's hard to overcome. And if one dog is scared the other ones will think theres a reason to be scared.

I was at Petsmart the other day while it was thundering and this giant Great Dane was shaking! The owner said he was afraid of thunder. It's funny how even big guys get scared.

Honestly I'm terrified of thunderstorms, I hate them, but I try to act like Im not around bentley. And what do yo know? I'm starting to not be afraid of them myself lol

Like the others said try desentization and pay more attention to the one that gets scared first? :-/
South Florida is tough isn't it!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!