View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorklove View Post
I'm new to the boards, and decided it's time to make my first post! I've been doing my research on searching for a good breeder and have learned the best way to start is on the YTCA website breeder referral list. Well yesterday I began to make calls and started with the breeder nearest to me on the list. She was very nice and answered many of my questions. One of my questions was how many shots the puppy will receive before I take her home? She then went on to explain they will have two shots by the age of 9 weeks, which is when I can take her home, on the condition that I keep them inside for 3 weeks until they get their third shot. This is where I became concerned because from what I've read puppies normally don't go home until 12 weeks. Well anyways she did inform me that I could just wait to pick my puppy up at 12 weeks when they were done with all 3 shots, but just normally people are too excited to wait that long. I told her that I would rather do what's best for the puppy and keep it there for 12 weeks. Wheeww sorry for the long post, but now my question would be is this a red flag and should I stick with this breeder or find someone else?

Good catch! Vaccinations should be started no earlier than 8 weeks old, given every 3 weeks until 3 shots are given, and that will get the puppy vaccinated completely by the time they are released to new homes at 14 weeks old, which is what is best for the puppy!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!