View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
armaneo
Yorkie Yakker

Default Bright pink/red bump or cyst about size of lady-bug

My 11-year old Yorkie suddenly got a bump under his front armpit. When I first noticed it, it was about the size of a short-grain of rice, but in the last 3 months, it has grown about three times that size. Now, it's more round and appears to be slightly larger than a lady bug.

The bump is a very bright pinkish/red. It is smooth, almost translucent on the outside, looks somewhat like a blister, and appears to be filled with water. It could be solid, but I'm not able to determine that with any certainty. It does not seem to cause him any pain whatsoever -- there is zero reaction when I touch or manipulate the bump.

I see lots of posts here about strange bumps, but I did not see one that had similar characteristics. Has anyone dealt with this before?

When the bump was the size of a rice grain, I showed the vet, who said to just monitor it for growth. I have a call into the vet now to see whether it should be removed. I hope it's not so large that it cannot be removed without general anesthesia.

Last edited by armaneo; 08-09-2013 at 10:58 AM.
armaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!