View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
theporkieyorkie
YT 1000 Club Member

When it first happened, I thought he had injured his back...but he hasn't had any spine x rays. The neurologist did do a thorough physical exam over him, checking his reflexes and seeing how far he could extend his legs and such.

Since he got sick, he hasn't had any significant weight loss or weight gain. He has gained a little over a lb in the last 2 years, but he's at a healthy weight still.

For treats, he only gets dentastix now...and he gets one at night...but his episodes happen at all times. They've happened during the day and late at night...at rest and at full exercise. I did see if he was willing to eat during an episode(I didn't actually give it to him)....only to see if he was alert and aware enough and to do so, and because my dog won't eat in stressful situations. I wanted to see how out of it and/or stressed he was.

The vet and I have talked about anti-convulsive meds. We had held off on giving them to him because we wanted give the gall bladder meds a chance to clear thing up...and his episodes aren't happening super frequently(once every month or 2)...but maybe it's time to start talking about them again.

I am wondering if/how they tie to the upset stomach. He hasn't had any digestive problems in a month and poof...he doesn't feel good for a few days and today he has an episode.
theporkieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!