Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
jathompson
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Help!

I've had my boy King for about a month now. Some of you might recall an earlier post about his hypoglycemic situation & him not eating. He had his vet visit soon after my post. I was glad to hear that he didn't weigh a pound as the lady who gave him to me had mentioned. At the time of his visit he was 8 weeks and was actually weighing 1.60! I was so glad to hear that! The vet mentioned he was doing great & that as long I fed him those small portions he was taking every 3 hrs, he would be fine. Maybe within the next day or so... His eating habits got better. He wasn't eating very very good, but he was doing a whole lot better. I eventually decided to change his food from the diamond brand to chicken soup. He seemed to like the chicken soup. I would mix the canned with the dry food for morning and night. He had it for 4 days. On the 3rd day though, I did notice him start to gag a little after finishing his food and since that 3rd day he just hasn't been the same?? He used to be very independent, playing specifically with 2 of his favorite toys all the time , and now he just wants to be with me, especially when he sleeps(Which is unusual). His energy level has also decreased. When he was awake he was litterally non stop bouncing off the walls, now he will plays a little, then sits and just sits there. I fell like he can't sleep too. He lays down, sleeps for 10min. And then moves to a different location. This sequence is repeated a good 3-4 times. Again this is unusual, he was a good sleeper. His poop has been the same since I started him on the chicken soup, but yesterday, he pooped and it was diarrhea, but it was just that one time. His poop has been normal after that. He hasn't had an appetite since this weird behavior began so I'm like force feeding him. Also, he's been biting at the carpet, biting and pulling, trying to eat and everytime I take him out to poop he insists to eat little little rocks. Also, he insists to eat plastic (hangs from the bottom of my bed) and paper/cardboard. Evertime I try to take these things away he refuses to open his mouth and try's to run from me. By the way all he does is gag, he hasn't vomited once. I feel like his tummy might hurt, maybe that is why he is trying to eat all these things... to trigger his gag reflex and vomit which is what most dogs do when they eat grass... right? but then again I'm not sure. Has anyone ever experienced something like this or have any idea what could be the problem?
jathompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!