View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Default Are Yorkies 'YOUR' breed, or do you want others?

In conjunction with the other thread (your Yorkie love story) -- are you for sure going to have ONLY Yorkies from here on out? Or maybe you know you'll always have one but want to try out other breeds? Or will you never have another one again? lol...

I don't really think Yorkies are 'MY' breed. I love them, and when I see them in public, I naturally notice, and think they're adorable, etc. But I can't see myself seeking out another unless the perfect dog comes around.

I got Jackson on a whim. I did no research on breeds, and hardly spent any time trying to find a dog. All I knew was I needed a 'hypoallergenic' dog because my step-dad was allergic. I found Jackson in a newspaper ad and a week later, had him in my arms. We bonded pretty instantly and the rest is history...

But I really think I lucked out with him. He's totally MY kind of dog (and of course, at the time I got him, didn't really have a 'type'), but he's fairly atypical for a Yorkie -- at least the ones I've met. Most I meet are lovely dogs, but not really 'for me'. As I've been more in the dog world, I definitely have a type.

The closest I will get is a Silky Terrier. They're definitely on my 'want' list, as I love the looks, but the more sturdy, and more 'terrier' face, and just a bit more drive. Border Terriers are a HUGE want of mine. I also am in love with Border Collies as I really like a biddable high drive hard working dog. I will probably own one of these 3 before owning a Yorkie again...

So, you??
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!