Thread: Baby Food
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
Teresiana
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bteacupyorkie View Post
Thank you all so much for your replies! Jefferson weighs 1.9 lbs. The breeder sold him to me at 6 weeks. He is now 8 weeks. After having him only 4 days, he became ill. (Which, it takes about 13 days for the symptoms of coccidia to become apparent. So yes, clearly he had the coccidia when I bought him.) 3 days of being at the vet and a hefty vet bill later, he was much better and had to be on medication for coccidia and diarrhea for 7 days. As a first time buyer/pet owner, I am still learning all of the necessary tasks and remedies. I am a little bitter with the breeder; for someone to be aware that the puppy she is selling may have coccidia but still take my thousands of dollars, just puts a bit of resentment within me. Nevertheless, I signed a contract and naturally loved Jefferson overnight so I will take it as a lesson learned.

Thank you so much Yorkiemom1 for the info! I will be getting that today!! I am so glad I found this board!!

Jefferson gets a physical checkup today and his second shot! I will keep everyone updated on my little baby

(Is there a way to post pictures of him on here??)
You should check the contract you signed with your breeder. You should have some sort of health guarantee. If your pup contracted the coccidia while he was still with the breeder, the breeder should be liable for your vet bills. If she gives you a hard time, you can ask your vet for documentation re: the date of the onset of symptoms, the incubation period, etc.

Wishing little Jefferson luck at his check up!! Keep us posted.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!