View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #1
My lil friend
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default When you have more than one

When you have more than one person in the house caring for your dogs it is most important to communicate!!! Last night I gave Skittles his pimobendan (heart med),my DD came home 2hrs later and gave it to him again. I stepped into the kitchen just as he swallowed it!! So at 1:30am I made her call the EC (me standing right there). The vet oncall said that the dose was very low and that he would PROBABLY be ok. We could call the poison control hotline if we wished. I told her she would be paying for this,I was on hold for 20min. Well h@!! if the dog was going to have a problem it would of been in the first 30 or so min. Hung up,called the EC back to ask a few more questions. I was up until 4am she went to bed at 5am,he sleeps on her bed. We listened to his heart,stethascope, about every 20min to track it. My fear was his bloodpressure falling to low or being to high. It took everything I had to NOT chew her out the entire time I was awake. Got up at 7:30 to check on him. Called the vet to see if we should skip this morning meds,yep. So Skittles will have a very quiet day in the pen or right next to me.

New rule at my house: look Mom in the eye and ASK,dont assume anything.

Oh, and I see a nap in my future today. No more excitement please.
My lil friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!