View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
OHyorkies
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Smile Thanks for the great answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomo View Post
Osters are excellent clippers. So is Andis. It depends on the model, some are better than others. I have this one & love it: Amazon.com: Andis 22360 AGC Super 2-Speed Professional Animal Clipper with Locking Blade: Pet Supplies

You need to buy separate blades for the above model. It comes w/#10 blade which is to clip sanitary areas, under paw pads & cut through mats that are to the skin. Can be used under combs but the #30 is best for that.
Depending on how short or long you like their hair, you can get #7FC, #5FC or #4FC for the body. For blades, remember: the higher the #, the shorter the cut. I like the 7FC for soft cottony hair, gives a smooth finished cut w/out looking 'shaved' (if you use #10, they will look shaved & might need sunscreen when going out in the sun & can get clipper burn), 5FC is good too, leaves more hair on the body. For silky hair, I like the 4FC or 5FC in the hotter months.

Amazon has reviews of most of the pet clippers.
Thank you so much for the detailed and extremely helpful response. I now know what clipper to get and I also have some ideas on what blades I should get. The 4FC and 5FC sounds perfect for what I want her to look like. I also noticed that you are the one with the Madan Brushes and combs for sale after I read your posts. Not stalking (embarrassed) but I was just so impressed with your answer that I wanted to see what else I could learn from you. Can you let me know what Madan brush I should get for a long coat and what comb as well? Thank you so much for being willing to share your knowledge with a newbie. My baby has a silky coat.
OHyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!