Thread: Why yorkies?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #10
denvan
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Alright is he peeing or marking? Are all your other animals neutered or spayed?

Here is what I had to do to housebreak my Yorkie. I was an abysmal failure at the peepad thing, as like you I had only owned large dogs before. And I freely admit I did not supervise as closely as I should have.

For one week solid, beyond what you did and do, outside to pee/poo, after every meal, waking up, play sessions yada yada.

I tethered him to my waist. And that worked to help me to catch him in action so to speak. Also of course you do know about enzymatic cleanser; also get a black light to highlight those spots of urine you might have missed.

He is crated at night, and when-ever I need freedom to clean or what-ever.

I am not sure Why Yorkies are so hard to housebreak, this is my first Yorkie. They do have small bladders for sure, but Razzle when he wants to and needs to holds if for at least 8hours as a full grown male.

But if you have other full males and or females in the house it will be very difficult.
Oddly enough he doesn't poop in the house,he is good all night to, he just pees whenever and where ever he feels like it. We watch every move he makes mainly because as someone else stated we need to make sure the playtime with the bigger dogs doesn't get too rough, we don't want the Yorkie hurting the Boxer or my Rottweiler. He takes his naps on my shoulder or on the couch but he still manages to get a pee in. It doesn't take but a second and you can barely tell what he is doing you can't keep your eyes on him 100% of the time but we come close.My boxer is spayed but my Rottweiler has all of his equipment and I plan on keeping him intact, The Yorkie to!
denvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!