Thread: Why yorkies?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
denvan
Yorkie Yakker

Default Why yorkies?

I am new to your site and this is my first Yorkie but I have had many different dogs throughout my life and I have never failed to house train ANY dog. Judging from the attention given to the subject on this site it would seem that I am not the only one having problems. I am not going to ask for advice on how to house train a Yorkie but it might help to understand why this breed is so difficult to train.I have had 2 Bull Mastiffs,2 German Shepherds, a Doberman, 2 Irish Setters, 2 German Wire Haired Pointers, a German Short haired Pointer, a Heinz 57, a Brittany, a Springer Spaniel, an English Setter, a Lab, I currently have a Rottweiler and a Boxer. All of the animals were house trained at a very early age thanks in no small part to my wife's diligence. We also have a Yorkie that is 4 mo's old and doesn't have a clue that he should be going outside. My Boxer is 7 mo's and was completely housebroken by age 3 mo's as was my Rottweiler who is also 4 mo's right now. We let him out immediately after he wakes up, after he eats, after a rowdy play session with the other puppies, and numerous times in between. I just don't get it. It is not like we are not paying attention or we don't know what to do, none of it works on this little fart. There are many times ,after he has been outside for half an hour to an hour, he will come in and pee right away???
Why are Yorkies so hard to house train, is it because there blatter is so tiny? I have run out of ideas. I am retired, so my wife and myself are home all day and he is supervised constantly but he still manages to pee when no one is looking. You can't keep your eyes on him constantly!
denvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!