View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

The older pack is likely sending her signals to keep her in her place and earn her right into the pack and she is likely being obedient to those signals. Once she's earned her place, if she ever does, then she can feel free to step up and become a full-fledged pack member. The others sense she's young and impressionable, immature, and some older dogs are not that thrilled to have a younger dog around. When she was a younger puppy, likely she was accepted as one and not given signals to know her place as a pack member - just accepted as a baby and nurtured to her older age. Now the pack is asserting rules.

She may just not care for those type treats anymore. Tibbe recently browned off his treats and I had to find another way to fix them so he'd want them again.

Alternatively, she may be sensing her role as an underling in the hierarchy of the pack is to wait until she is cleared or at ease enough to eat when she is in their presence and I wouldn't try to interfere with pack inner-workings. Some dogs are so dominant through subtle signals and sometimes not so subtle signals that subservient dogs just won't eat in their presence at all unless literally starving to death. Dogs usually work it out and one day when you pup is older, she may assert authority over the other two or stay submissive to them. Unless she is fearful, nervous and bullied by them, leading a miserable life due to attacks and not being allowed to eat/drink/move about, I would allow them permission to work it all out and allow her to fit in with the others naturally. As she matures, things could materially change.

Google Pack Hierarchy and read all about how packs can work with domesticated dogs.

Last edited by yorkietalkjilly; 08-03-2013 at 08:03 AM.
yorkietalkjilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!