View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
Teresiana
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Unhappy Why does my pup isolate herself from the pack?

I have 3 dogs...2 teenagers (one boy, one girl) & a 6 month old puppy who has been home for 2 months. My two teens are extremely bonded. They grew up together. They've accepted the new puppy with open arms, but they're still both the best of buddies & they're still definitely a team.

For the past few weeks, my teen girl has been isolating herself from the other two. Some examples:

She waits for the other two to finish eating before she approaches her food bowl. Sometimes I'll have to coax her by hand feeding. I've even had to move her food bowl to another room where she eats solo. She's NEVER been like this before & is typically a little piggy. They usually all eat together like a pack.

She ignores treats. She won't accept a treat during daily activites. She won't take treats during daily training time. Today during training, she stayed on the coach next to me while the other two were on the floor in front of me. Sometimes, she doesn't even want to participate in the session at all.

Now that I think about it, she seems to isolate herself around food/treats only. She takes walks with the pack like she normally has, plays normally & sleeps in her same spot with the other two right next to her.

Any idea why she would start acting like this? I'm perplexed.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!