View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #15
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gati1263 View Post
Unfortunately it is Legg-Calve-Perthes. Fortunately her other hip is normal. She is to have surgery on Thursday, which is supposed to be 90% effective, and I have become more comfortable since reading about the surgery.
It will be a difficult rehab for my little girl, but her and I should do okay.
I feel a little more confident being a physical therapist with an orthopedic background. The scary part is none of my patient's have ever been a 6 1/2 lb Yorkie so I shall follow the surgeons advice to the letter.
I am trying to be brave, but my heart does break for her.
My Mini had this surgery, it is scary...your at an advantage having the background you do...I went in blind. It is difficult but all surgeries are. These pups are resilient and know their limitations for awhile and Mini took heed to them...it gets difficult after they start feeling better! We made it through and can honestly say it wasn't that bad now, but I do remember the chaos and emotional blitz it was at the time.

Best of luck and please keep us posted!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!