View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #12
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

My Tibbe didn't like Royal Canin GI much and had to be encouraged to eat it, and within less than 15 minutes, he was scratching like crazy. For hours - couldn't stop. I've tried him on it two different times months apart with the exact same results each time. I know that it is apparently a really good dog food company and product lines but my dog is just apparently allergic to the GI formula. As soon as I switch back to his normal food, he eats readily with no scratching. Sigh. Stuck with a big bag of it and just had to give it away to a friend whose GSD eats anything without any allergies. Many on YT really love RC but like probably any food, some dogs can be allergic to the kind of RC you are feeding them. Tibbe might be able to eat a different type of RC but as I know the Hill's I/D GI and I/D Hepatic do work and he doesn't itch on them, I'm keeping him on that for a while yet.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!